A cool and earnest junior actor.
Usui Masumi (碓氷真澄) is a member of the Spring Troupe and the second actor to join the Mankai Company. He falls in love with Izumi at first sight while watching her act in a street performance. Masumi himself has no motivation for acting on his own, and his only reason to join was to get close to the Director and to be praised by her. His interactions with everyone else are mostly rude, so he is deemed as a troublemaker. Despite that, his sense and line memorization ability really stands out.
This handsome teenage boy has dark blue hair and blond dyed hair underneath, something that sticks out and could be considered fashionable. Masumi also has purple eyes and a mole on the left side of his mouth. He wears a black leather jacket, a T-shirt with a purple-green camouflage pattern, and a white shirt underneath. Additionally.matching his overall color scheme, he wears a pair of black pants and purple sneakers. Sometimes, he also has his white headphones with him.
Masumi comes across as cold and indifferent with no motivation whatsoever. Furthermore, he could be described as rude or even brazen, as he has a sharp tongue and is not afraid to use it against strangers or his fellow actors. To blame for this attitude is his rather carefree, unrestricted life, due to his absent parents as well as the lack of discipline. His behavior changes a lot once he interacts with Izumi, the woman he claims to love. With her around, he turns into a lovesick puppy. He flirts and tries every way to gain her attention. Masumi's impolite remarks turn into compliments and he, in some way, seeks her nonstop approval, something his parents could not give him. Even with constant rejections from Izumi, Masumi remains persistent.
His parents work overseas, leaving him to live alone in Japan. Having no reason to return to an empty home, Masumi spends his time wandering around doing whatever he feels like. One time during his walk through the city, he witnessed a street performance by Izumi and Sakuya with the goal to gather more members for the Mankai Company. Watching Izumi's acting caused him to instantly fall in love with her, and he decided to get close to his new crush by being the next addition to the acting troupe.
Link Skill Edit
|Revived Spring Troupe||Big Sr Boost|
|Hanasaki Gakuen Group||Sr Boost|
|Parents Overseas||Ac Boost|
|Sleeping Kids Grow Up Well||Sr Boost|
|Sharp Tongue||Ac Boost|
Normal Home Screen Quotes Edit
- "You don't belong to me but I belong to you... Don't forget that."
- "Hey, notice me more."
- "Give me an order."
- "Morning.. Director, you look cute today too.."
- "Not there, a bit more to the right. Yes, there.. this feels good."
- "When you're next to me, I feel more at ease..."
- "Are you interested in my mole?"
- "A homemade lunch box? I'll eat anything that you make."
- "If it's you, I'll let you touch me."
- "Haa... I like you."
- "I want to sleep with you. ..I can't?"
- "(sigh).. I kind of think I like you more than I did before. Take responsibility and marry me."
- "I’ll do my best to be able to meet you again…so until then, wait for me."
Special Home Screen Quotes Edit
- "You know, as the reward for Homare today. Even I'll do my best with my poem."
- "Tasuku's Day is also Cat's Day. He'll remember if you say it."
- "If Sakuya is really older than I am, the world is over."
- "Tsuzuru's birthday... Can't be helped, today I will clean our room."
- "I don't really care but if you say so, it can't be helped. Congratulations Itaru."
- "I am glad I was able to meet you. I want to be with you forever so...marry me."
- "I didn’t accept any gifts from those girls in school. Because it’s meaningless if I don’t receive it from you." Valentine's Day Dialogue
- "This is, my love for you… Accept it, my return gift" White Day Dialogue
- "Is it true that I can have you all to myself on my birthday?"
- "I, will give up on you… I don’t want to say that kind of joke ever. I like you… This is not a lie." April Fool's Dialogue
- "The big koi is swimming..." Children's Day Dialogue
- "Speaking of it, I don't know Citron's age. Age unknown."
- "For Misumi, it's triangles. For me, it's Director. Can I have you?"
Practice Quotes Edit
- "If it's with you, I'll train as much as you want."
- "Be my acting partner."
- "What should I say for vocal exercise?"
- "I want to play the role of your lover."
- "I've memorized all the lines."
- "Are improvs necessary?"
- "Recently, I've been getting a lot of LIME messages from Kazunari. None from you, though."
- "School is boring because you're not there."
- "I found a curry shop I think you would like. Praise me."
- "Honestly, Sakuya's as much of a busybody as Tsuzuru."
- "Tsuzuru never shuts up. He's such a pain. All he does is complain."
- "I don't want to become an adult like Itaru. It seems like it would be so troublesome."
- "Citron...He's a weird guy. I don't get a thing he says."
- "We're done already...? I want to be with you more. "
- Masumi is an underclassman to both Sakuya and Banri at Hanasaki Academy.
- He sometimes eats lunch with Sakuya and the older boy always greets Masumi when they pass each other in the hallway.
- Masumi has a lot of female fans in school and even a fanclub, but he doesn't care for them.
- His roommate is Minagi Tsuzuru.
- His favourite food is Vietnamese spring roll but he dislikes Tororo.
- Masumi is the only character that openly admits to have strong romantic feelings for Izumi.
- He considers Sakyo to be his rival, due to the past they share and his potential interest in Izumi. He does respect the Director the most, as she was the one who changes his world.
- The little doodle he made in the training notebook is an "Ai Ai Gasa", an umbrella with Director and his own name written under it. This symbols a romantic relationship, or a desire to have one, in Japanese culture.
- Masumi remembers that as a child, he was often asked to do as he was told, now that no one commands him anymore, he just does what he wants.
- Rurikawa Yuki gave him the nickname "Psycho Stalker", while Kazunari calls him "Massu".
- In "Romeo and Julius" he played the second lead role "Julius" and in "Boy Alice in Wonderland" Masumi took the first lead role as "Alice".
- Masumi would love to play a role in the future that Izumi thinks is cool, yet Tsuzuru deems the reason behind this request impure and refuses to write such a role for him.
- Masumi's specialty is memorization.
- Masumi was featured on the Mini Album First SPRING EP with his character song SICK SICK SICK.
- To him, the Mankai Company is "a place where he can be with Izumi".