Izumi Tachibana (立花 いづみ Tachibana Izumi) is the MANKAI Company's Director and the daughter of the former director Tachibana Yukio (a former). In the past, Izumi acted on stage herself but decided that she had no talent for it and gave up on acting. Later, due to certain circumstances, she got involved with the MANKAI Company once again in an attempt to save it. She then became the new director and took up her father's legacy.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Izumi is a pale-skinned young woman in her early to mid-twenties with chest-length brown hair that is swept to the right and bright pink-ish hazel eyes.
She likes to dress casual, yet fashionable where she wears a white-blue striped shirt, along with a pair of rolled-up dark blue jeans. She also wears a pair of black sneakers and has a small, red purse.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Izumi is a bright and smart young woman who can easily open up to others and is good at evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of those around her. She is quick-witted and fast in taking opportunities once she sees them. Although she is a kind and caring woman, she has her own insecurities and surprisingly low self-esteem, which she'd rather keep to herself. Throughout the story, it's shown that she often puts others above her own interests and tries to mediate between the many different clashing personalities she has gathered in the MANKAI Company. Izumi also has a quirk; her extreme love for curry. She loves it so much, she would go on long rambles about the spices in it and their origins.
History[edit | edit source]
During her childhood, Izumi would often visit the MANKAI Theatre and watch her father work as the director. Over time, she got interested in acting herself and met the young Furuichi Sakyo, who she introduced to the company. Both of them quickly became childhood friends. However, Izumi stopped visiting after she was told she had no talent for acting at all. In the present, eight years after her father's disappearance, an invitation letter from the MANKAI Company that was addressed to her father was sent to her. Izumi decided to pay the theatre a visit in hopes of finding out where her father disappeared to, but soon got herself involved in the company's troubles.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- Izumi's surname Tachibana means "standing" (立) (tachi) and "flower, blossom" (花) (bana/hana).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While her first name can be changed by the player in-game, she remains with her default name Izumi in the anime.
- As the only female in the company, Izumi has a dormitory room all to herself. It is the one her father used in the past.
- When not conducting work for MANKAI, Izumi assists neighboring troupes with backstage work.
- Izumi's specialty is making curry in many different variations. She claims to be able to make different types of curries enough for 365 days.
- Izumi birthday is the same as the player's.
- While Izumi's age is officially unknown, she is estimated to be in her early to mid-twenties.
- This conclusion was made because she can legally drink alcohol. She often states to be older than Omi, who is 20.
- In the English version of the game, Tasuku stated he, Tsumugi and Izumi were the same age in his backstory called "The Scenery Goes Flying By Part1."
- Tasuku and Tsumugi are currently 24.
- In the Japanese version, he uses the words 'same generation' as opposed to 'same age', which leaves Izumi's exact age up to debate.
- Izumi has dated in the past.
- Izumi's first motorcycle ride is with Tasuku, which is mentioned in his backstage story, "The Queen and I Part 3".