|“||Your makeup's not blending well today... How late were you up last night?||”|
Azami Izumida(泉田莇) is a member of Autumn Troupe and of the Mankai Company. The only son of the Ginsenkai Family boss, the same yakuza group that Sakyo belongs to. He ran away from home after having a fierce fight with his father who found out about his dream of becoming a make-up artist. He's really fond of Sakoda who is like a big brother to him, but he has a very bad relationship with Sakyo, his caretaker. Contrary to his cool appearance, he also has a surprisingly naive side.
He shares room 106 with Sakyo in Act 2.
Azami is quite tall for his age, and could pass off as a young adult. He has aqua green eyes. His black mid-length hair is tied into a bun. He dresses quite stylishly and modern. The rest of his outfit includes a maroon denim jacket, black t-shirt, black wide-leg pants, and black loafers. He wears silver earrings.
Azami is a rather mature teenager in the sense of personality, but contrastingly can also be quite childish, especially embarrassed when it comes to even the slightest lewd topics. He is stubborn, confident, and cool-headed. He has a cool and nonchalant attitude. Azami won't go down without a fight. Being raised by Sakyo, it is clear that Azami's personality was affected by him, and got many qualities from him, such as rambling on about things he is passionate about (makeup/skincare). He has a bold nature, never unfazed, and doesn't get nervous on stage.
He is straightforward about his dream to be a makeup artist and doesn't spare anyone his sharp tongue towards his troupe members' skincare habits.
Azami was the only son to the yakuza boss of the Ginsenkai Family. He had been raised to become the proper heir of the family. His mother died due to a sickness when he was very young. He always helped his mother with her makeup at the hospital to make her not look as pale and weak, and so he dreamed of being a makeup artist. When he was just a young child he met Sakyo, who babysat him as his first job. He had a tight upbringing and was never spoiled. He ran away from home when his dream was exposed to his father, who was angry and thought that he was running away from his responsibilities of succeeding the family. Sakyo took him in temporarily at the dorms, but Azami wanted to join the troupe. At first, it was only to beat Sakyo and prove who was better, but Azami found the real joy of acting after spending more time with them. His father resolved their conflicts as Azami told him he wanted to pursue theater, be a makeup artist, and be the next heir, and allowed him to act at Mankai.
Since he is the youngest, most of the group sees him as a little brother, with the exception of Sakyo. They all had a connection in their boyhood, and that was that they all ran away from home for different reasons.
- Banri: They see eye-to-eye with Sakyo being an 'annoying old geezer.' They get along well. Azami thought that he was a proper guy at first, but he turned out to surprisingly noisy.
- Juza: They help each other out when they need it, and both know how to fight. Juza saved Azami from getting beaten up by some high schoolers.
- Taichi: There was finally someone younger than Taichi in the troupe, so it was like he had another younger brother. Taichi endears Azami.
- Omi: Their relationship started of as a bit tense. Because of how Omi often fusses over Azami like a mother would, Azami feels a bit uncomfortable and doesn’t know how to react. Omi worried if it might be too annoying. Azami answered that it's hard getting used to someone like him, since Omi acted like the mother he never had as he was raised by two fathers.
- Sakyo: They have more of a father-son relationship. Sakyo took on the responsibility of being Azami's caretaker/guardian ever since Azami was very young and he was around 20. At first, their relationship was well, and they played together. Azami revealed his dream to Sakyo, who supported him. They still fought, however Azami was attached to him. But over time, it got strained, they misunderstood each other. Azami was the only one Sakyo would fight so childishly with. After they made up with each other, and while they still kept fighting like usual after, a heavy burden had been lifted from their hearts and there was no invisible wall separating them.
- Sakoda: Azami thinks of Sakoda as a big brother and is thankful for having him nearby. Sakoda looks after Azami and even helped him when he ran away from home. He also kept his dream and location a secret from Azami's father. When Azami was forced back by his father, Sakoda stood up against the boss and told him about how Azami didn't want to give up his family for his dream.
Surname: 泉 = spring; fountain 田 = rice field
Given name: 莇 = Chinese wolfberry (goji)
Roles he has played
- He is the youngest member at Mankai.
- He is good at fighting.
- Sakyo and him would often play a handmade card game, called Jin-gi-Oh, together when they were younger.
|Sakuya • Masumi • Tsuzuru • Citron • Itaru • Chikage • Iku • Arata • Eiji|
|Tenma • Yuki • Muku • Misumi • Kazunari • Kumon • Miki • Akito • Takuya|
|Banri • Juza • Taichi • Omi • Sakyo • Azami • Ichiro • Julian • Kengo|
|Tsumugi • Tasuku • Homare • Hisoka • Azuma • Guy • Yuichi • Tsubasa • Keita|
|Izumi • Matsukawa • Kamekichi • Sakoda • Tetsuro • Yuzo|
|Other||Reni • Haruto • Recurring Story Characters • Minor Story Characters|